Services Terms and Condition For Employers
1. Our Services
- We are a platform (“helpers.sg”) which provides and furnishes relevant information on foreign domestic workers who are registered in our database and platform and who are in search of work-positions in Singapore to prospective employers (“FDW”).
- We also link our clients who are foreign domestic workers to prospective employers in Singapore.
- Our Services include verifying all required documents including identity documentation of employer and FDW, assisting with the submission of the relevant documents and application to on your behalf to the Ministry of Manpower for the purposes of employing an FDW.
2. Terms and Conditions for Employers
- If you are an employer in search of a FDW through the use of our website, you acknowledge and agree that while we use our best endeavours to ensure the veracity and accuracy of the information provided, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy and veracity of the information furnished by the FDW.
- You agree that it is your duty and responsibility to determine the veracity and accuracy of the information or data provided through our platform by the FDW hence the suitability of the FDW for the position made available by you through a face to face and interview with FDW at your home or a mutually agreed location facilitated and arranged by employer and FDW.
- You agree and undertake that you use our platform and database to search for a suitable FDW on condition that you will appoint us as your agent in the application and documentation process with the Ministry of Manpower (“MOM”) with respect to the employment of any FDW registered with us and listed on our database in this platform.
- You also agree and undertake to indemnify us for the loss of earnings should you be in breach of the undertaking and term in clause 2(3) above.
- You agree and acknowledge that once our messaging records reveal a trace of your attempt at contacting the FDW, you are deemed to have made use of our Services and agreed to the terms herein.
- You agree and acknowledge that once you have decided to employ the FDW, you shall proceed to make payment in accordance with Clause 3 to us before we commence the Documentation and Verification services.
- You agree and undertake to enter into the employment agreement prepared by us with the FDW and us as parties after your application made through us to employ the FDW is successful. You also undertake to give the FDW one calendar month notice of termination so as to allow FDW to search for and be transferred to another employer.
- Upon signing the employment agreement, you agree to purchase a 26th month insurance policy as stipulated by the Ministry of Manpower Singapore through Jobs and Staff Pte Ltd
- You agree to the following payment-process :
Payment is made via Paypal or direct bank transfer – payment is made upfront. And will only be entitled to refund due to the following conditions.
- Before you utilize our Services through helpers.sg, you shall pay S$70.00.
- After we verify your documents required for the application process with MOM, you shall pay S$100.00
- After we verify FDW’s identity and documents for purposes of applying to the MOM, you shall pay S$70.00
- After we complete your application, the FDW’s application and have submitted both to the MOM (“Application”), you shall pay S$28.00.
You agree there is no refund in part or in whole of the above payments in any event save for if MOM rejects the Application for a fault attributed to our omission, error or negligence. No refunds will be provided for fees and charges that we pay on your behalf. Example: Application and Issuance of work permit, renewal of passport, transportation any 3rd parties fees and charges.
You agree to pay an additional charge of S$60.00 if you change or cancel an appointment less than 2 days before the appointed date
4. Replacement of FDW
Helpers.sg provides a one-time replacement of FDW in the event the initial FDW is not suitable for your family. We charge a discounted service fee of $150.00(excluding insurance, bonds, work permit application and issuance) for a replacement FDW within 6 months of start date of employment.
If the initial FDW is unable to be placed to the Employer, helpers.sg shall provide the Employer with a replacement FDW at no additional cost and which shall not count towards the Employer’s entitlement of a one-time discounted replacement.
Helpers.sg may not provide the Employer with a one-time replacement FDW, if under the following circumstances [*Agency to list circumstances]:
- The employer is found to have breached any Work Permit conditions.
- The employer terminates and repatriates the FDW against the employment contract without Agency’s prior knowledge.
- If the FDW die from any mishap or accident as a result of the employer’s actions.
- The FDW has made a Police report against the Employer for abuse or the Employer is being investigated by the Police for such or any allegations made by the FDW.
- The Employer has exceeded the quote for replacement at discounted cost.
- The Employer has not paid the FDW her due salary(ies)
- The Employer has not paid helpers.sg the monies due.
In the event that the Employer opts not to have a replacement FDW, the Employer shall not be entitled to a refund of the services fee has been paid.
The grant of replacement is subject to the following:
The Employer must sign the Consent to Transfer Form and Authorisation form, from the Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower (‘MOM’) to allow the FDW to seek employment with the new Employer.
The Employer shall agree to transfer the FDW to a new employer specified by the Agency and will not in any way prevent or jeopardize the FDW’s transfer or opportunity to seek re-employment with the new employer, unless the FDW is medically unfit to work as a domestic worker or has committed a criminal offence in Singapore. The Employer must make the FDW available for 30 days for her to be interviewed and successfully transferred. If the FDW is unable to transfer the FDW within 30 days, the Employer may repatriate the FDW and cancel her Work Permit.
- You agree that in the event of any dispute in this agreement, you shall resolve the dispute by way of mediation failing which you shall refer the dispute to the Small Claims Tribunal.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of Singapore.
- Any amendment of any term by any party to this agreement shall be agreed by both parties and made in writing.
- This agreement cannot be assigned unless a party undergoes a restructuring or a merger or any change in shareholding or assets.
- If this agreement contradicts any regulation implemented by MOM, the regulation implemented by MOM shall prevail.