Singapore is a great place to work in.
Safe – Singapore is one of the safest countries in the world, with an extremely low crime rate. It is common for ladies to walk alone in the middle of the night. And with the strict employment laws in place, workers rights are also strongly protected.
High Pay – The monthly salary in Singapore is easily 3 to 5 times the pay most will be getting in their home country, enabling workers to earn more money, quickly.
Large Foreign Comunity – Singapore, being Asia’s melting pot, attracts millions of foreign workers from other Asian countries. And with close to 220,000 domestic helpers in Singapore, with majority of domestic helpers from Indonesia, The Philippines, and Myanmar. You can be assured a fellow countryman is not far.
Eligibility to work in Singapore as a Domestic Helper
- Gender: Only Females
- Age: Between 23 and 50 years old at time of application
- Nationality: Only citizens of the following countries are allow to apply :Bangladesh, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand.
- Education:Minimum 8 years of formal education with a recognised certificate
In addition,the FDW has to:
- Be employed at your home address as stated on your NRIC.
- Attend the Settling-In Programme if she is a first-time FDW.
- Not be in Singapore during the application for the Work Permit. She should only arrive after you receive the in-principle approval and buy a $5,000 security bond.
- Follow and obey the terms of the Work Permit Conditions.